|Are you a small business owner interested in growing your business; and looking to expand your contracting opportunities with New Jersey Transit, the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey , or the New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT)? Are you a certified Minority or Woman Owned Business Enterprise, or a member of a historically disadvantaged group?
Come to NJ TRANSIT’s free workshop and find out about the federal Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Certification. DBE certification will expand your opportunity to participate on federally funded contracts!
The intention of the DBE Program is to eliminate barriers to participation on contracting opportunities for socially and economically disadvantaged businesses, and create a level playing field. In this workshop, you will learn the history of the DBE Program; its purpose and requirements to participate, how it can work for you, and even how to apply.
• In Federal Fiscal year 2012 $6.3 Million was awarded to DBE Firms on NJ TRANSIT contracts.
DBE ELIGIBILTY REQUIREMENTS:
• Applicant must be a legal U.S. Citizen or lawfully admitted U.S. Permanent Resident
• The firm must be 51% (or more) owned and controlled by the applicant
• Applicant must be socially disadvantaged, i.e., African American, Asian-Pacific Americans, Hispanic, Native Americans, Subcontinent Asian Americans, Women and other groups identified by the Small Business Administration (SBA).
• Applicant must be economically disadvantaged. Meaning the applicant’s personal net worth must not exceed* $1.32 million dollars.[*Note: this does not include primary residence or ownership interest in the applying firm.]
Space is limited. Please e-mail email@example.com if you are interested in attending this or a future DBE Certification Workshop.